- Strathmore 500 colored drawing paper pad 18" x 24"
- Canson Mi-Teintes drawing paper, Moonstone, Felt Grey,Dark Grey, Cream
- 57J General Brand Jumbo charcoal
- Vine Soft medium thickness charcoal
- Chamois for erasing( purchase from auto parts store)
- Kneaded Eraser
- Vanish eraser
- Assorted Prismacolor NuPastel sticks Sanguine#213-P, Ivory# 277-P, Cocoa Brown #253-P, Tuscan Red#273-P
- Canson Biggie Sketch Pad 18" x 24"
- Drawing Board preferably Dick Blick 23-1/2" × 26" Sketch Pad Boards that have alligator clips. Many boards have cheap metal clips that break easily and can cause cuts. One can make their own board by cutting a sheet of 1/4" masonite or particle board to size-must accommodate Canson Mi-Teintes 19" x 25".
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Ploykeitos created the Doryphoros as a way to exemplify his published theoretical work known as the "Canon" or "Rule, in which he was stating in mathematical terms the relationship of parts of the body with the whole, e.g. the proportion of finger with the palm, palm with wrist, wrist with elbow, elbow with arm. Considered the first great aesthetician, Polyleitos's aim, in his own words, was to produce the "eu" or perfection..In his sculptures there is a dynamic counterbalance between the tensed and relaxed parts of the body. In all of his known works, he shows the body stand firmly on one foot, the other bending slightly with kinetic potential, the so called "Chiastic" pose, more commonly known as "Contrapposto".